NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Battleshots (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, China, including Taiwan, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, United Kingdom and the United States (including the District of Colombia) who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Contest and who have access to Battlefield 4 on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 or Xbox One as of the start date of the Contest. Those who are employees of Electronic Arts Inc. or its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its agents”) or who are immediate family members or persons living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Contest, the participant signifies his or her full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. For Austrian residents only: You are hereby notified that you have seven (7) calendar days from the date of your registration for participation to rescind your agreement to the terms of this electronic agreement. After such period of time, you are bound by the terms of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: This daily Contest begins on July 12, 2014 at 4:00pm Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) and ends on August 13, 2014 at 4:00pm GMT (the “Contest Period”) and consists of the daily phases set forth in the chart below:
Daily Submission is from
Start Date and Time
End Date and Time
4:00pm GMT each day of the Contest Period beginning July 12, 2014
7:59am GMT each subsequent day of the Contest Period beginning July 13, 2014
8:00am GMT each day of the Contest Period beginning July 13, 2014
2:59pm GMT each day of the Contest Period beginning July 13, 2014
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE APPLICABLE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD TIMES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE TIME ZONES.
- How to Enter: During the Daily Submission phase, visit http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/07/bf4-battleshots (the “Contest Site” or “Site”), and follow the directions to submit your BATTLESHOTS image (the “Entry”), which is a screenshot from Battlefield 4 that embodies the daily theme defined each day of the Contest Period. By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Guidelines and Restrictions:
- Technical Requirements
- Entries may be submitted in any file format, in any size, following the Entry instructions above. Be sure to include the words “BATTLESHOTS CONTEST” with the number correlated to your entry in the submission when replying directly to the website blog post listed above. For example, BATTLESHOTS CONTEST 1 or BATTLESHOTS CONTEST 5.
- Content Requirements
- Entries must incorporate only the Sponsor-provided game images as instructed from the Battlefield 4 videogame, (the “Contest Assets”) and/or the entrant’s own originally created artwork (“Original Creations”). Entries must pertain to the Battlefield 4 daily theme, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No group, or team efforts, or multi-author(ed) designs will be accepted in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest all Entries will be presumed authored by the person submitting the Entry. You may not incorporate your own facial likeness, or that of another person, within your screenshot design. Entries submitted in this Contest must not contain any pornography, or other illicit, illegal, defamatory, morally offensive or obscene content, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Entry containing racial, religious, or ethnic slurs, explicit language, obscene, pornographic, violent, or sexual content, or libel, hate speech, references to alcohol, drugs or other illicit substances, or otherwise objectionable, offensive, illegal, inappropriate or prohibited material. Submission of previously published art (other than the Sponsor-provided images) is prohibited. Any Entry that incorporates prohibited content, including but not limited to, third party creations (other than the Sponsor-provided images), trademarks, names, or other third party property(ies), or the work of creative consultants, or the entrant’s likeness, or the likenesses of any other real-life individuals, or any content that is pornographic, illicit, or otherwise in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion violates the above Guidelines and/or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, may not be accepted for entry and may not be eligible to win any prize in this Contest.
- By entering, entrants warrant that their Entries contain only Sponsor-provided Contest Assets, if any, and/or their own, Original Creations. Entrants further warrant their Entries do not contain any third party copyrighted materials, and otherwise do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party.
- Each entrant may enter the Contest multiple times during the Contest Period. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
- Uploading an Entry constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Sponsor (as defined in Section 10 below) and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void. Physical copies of Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- By providing any Contest Assets for entrants’ use Sponsor is granting entrants a limited, non-exclusive, non-commercial license to use the Contest Assets solely in connection with, and as a part of, the Contest. Entrants shall otherwise have no right, title or interest in or to any Contest Assets except as otherwise granted by Sponsor, and any use of the Competition Assets (including use of the Entry that contains Contest Assets) other than as permitted by these Official Rules may constitute copyright and/or trademark infringement.
- In the event of a dispute regarding any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
For Residents of Germany: This personal information is collected and processed only for the purposes of organising, running and monitoring the campaign. The organising entity shall be considered the data controller for the database containing this personal information and provides for an appropriate data protection level. Entrants have the right to access, withdraw, and correct their personal data. Entrants may request such action by sending a message with the request, subject line BATTLESHOTS to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Residents of France: Personal information provided to the Sponsor in the course of this Promotion shall be processed according to the Legislation “Informatique et Libertés n°78-17” of January 6th, 1978.
- Winner Determination: Winners will be determined according to the process set forth below.
- Judging Phase: During the Daily Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select one (1) daily entrant with the highest-scoring Entry (the “Top Entry”) based on the following criteria (the “Judging Criteria”): 30% composition, 30% quality and 40% creativity.
- In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Entry received the highest score for creativity as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the one (1) Top Entry each day if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries.
- Notification: The provisional winners will be notified by email between July 13, 2014 through August 13, 2014. Except where prohibited, each provisional winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability, which must be received by Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If any provisional winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and/or return the Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability within the required time period, refuses the prize, is ineligible to win the prize, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules; all prizes claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that a provisional winner is disqualified or the prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner using the skill-based criteria set forth above from among all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternative winners will be selected, after which EA retains the discretion to donate the applicable prize to a charity of Sponsor’s choosing.
- Prizes: There are 32 prize packs. Each daily winner will receive a prize pack that includes an AMD graphics card, DICE store gift card and Battlefield 4 Premium membership. Each prize pack has an approximate retail value of USD$300 / EURO 220. Terms and conditions apply to the Gift Card. Battlefield 4 Premium Membership requires Battlefield 4 on applicable platform, Internet connection and Origin account. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and relative skill of entrants. Allow eight (8) weeks for shipment of prize(s).
- General Terms:
- By participating in this Contest, each participant agrees: (1) To the extent allowable under applicable law, to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage, right, claim or action of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any Contest-related activity or the receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize won, except for residents of the United Kingdom, France and Germany with respect to claims resulting from death or personal injury arising from EA’s negligence and for residents of the United Kingdom with respect to claims resulting from the tort of deceit or any other liabilities that may not be excluded by law; (2) That EA’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; (3) That by accepting a prize, EA may use your name and place of residence online or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to the winner or anyone else, except where prohibited; and (4) The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
- EA reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Contest or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes on prizes.
- Winners List: Winners list requests will only be accepted after the end date of the Contest Period (listed above) and no later than October 12, 2014. The provisional daily Winners list will be posted on the Site from July 13, 2014 to August 13, 2014. This list will remain posted until September 13, 2014.
- Sponsor: Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
© 2014 Electronic Arts Inc