Battlefield 1 Battlefest Revolution Contest
This contest is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc. (“EA” or “Sponsor”), 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065, United States.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. Eligibility: Battlefield 1 Battlefest Revolution Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Malaysia, The Netherlands, New Zealand , Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa South Korea, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom and the United States (including the District of Colombia, who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Contest. Those who are employees of Electronic Arts Inc. or its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its agents”) or who are immediate family members or persons living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Contest, the participant signifies his or her full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules.
2. Timing: The Contest begins on September 19, 2017 at 9:00am Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on September 29, 2017 at 5:00pm PT (the “Contest Period”) and consists of the phases set forth in the chart below:
Start Date and Time (all times PT)
End Date and Time (all times PT)
September 19, 2017 at 9:00am
September 25, 2017 at 9:00am
September 25, 2017 at 9:00am
September 25, 2017 at 5:00pm
September 26, 2017 at 9:00am
September 29, 2017 at 5:00pm
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE APPLICABLE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD TIMES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE TIME ZONES.
3. How to Enter: You will need a Twitter or Facebook account to participate in the Contest. If you do not already have a Twitter or Facebook account, you can visit www.twitter.com or facebook.com to create one for free.
You may enter the Contest during the Submission Phase in one of two ways:
(i) via Twitter:
a. Sign into your Twitter account;
b. Follow the official Battlefield Twitter account (@Battlefield);
c. Using Twitter’s “@Reply” function, reply to the Battlefield 1 Battlefest Revolution Contest post tweeted by @Battlefield on September 19, 2017 at 9:00am with the #EAContest and #BattlefestRevolution hashtags (your tweet must start with the #EAContest hashtag) and a Battlefield 1 In The Name of the Tsar gameplay video;
(ii) via Facebook:
a. Sign into your Facebook account;
b. Comment on the Battlefield 1 Battlefest Revolution Contest post by the official Battlefield Facebook account (www.facebook.com/battlefield) on September 19, 2017 at 9:00am with the #EAContest and #BattlefestRevolution hashtags (your comment must start with the #EAContest hashtag) and a Battlefield 1 In The Name of the Tsar gameplay video (each, an “Entry”).
By uploading your Entry, you agree that it conforms to the Entry Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Entry fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Guidelines and Restrictions:
o Entries must be submitted as a video link through Youtube or as a native Twitter or Facebook video upload in an accepted video (“.mp4, .mov or .avi”) or “.gif” file format following the Entry instructions above, with a minimum resolution of 1280x720, be no longer than 30 seconds, and attached within your Entry. All Entries must contain footage or images from Battlefield 1 In The Name of the Tsar video game to be eligible.
· Content Requirements
o Entries must (i) incorporate only images or footage from the Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar video game and/or the entrant’s own originally created artwork (“Original Creations”). Entries must pertain to the Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No group, or team efforts, or multi-author(ed) designs will be accepted in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest all Entries will be presumed authored by the person submitting the Entry. You may not incorporate your own facial likeness, or that of another person, within your video. Entries submitted in this Contest must not contain any pornography, or other illicit, illegal, defamatory, morally offensive or obscene content, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Entry containing racial, religious, or ethnic slurs, explicit language, obscene, pornographic, violent, or sexual content, or libel, hate speech, references to alcohol, drugs or other illicit substances, or otherwise objectionable, offensive, illegal, inappropriate or prohibited material. Submission of previously published art (other than the Sponsor-provided images) is prohibited. Any Entry that incorporates prohibited content, including but not limited to, third party creations (other than the Sponsor-provided images), trademarks, names, or other third party property(ies), or the work of creative consultants, or the entrant’s likeness, or the likenesses of any other real-life individuals, or any content that is pornographic, illicit, or otherwise in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion violates the above Guidelines and/or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, may not be accepted for entry and may not be eligible to win any prize in this Contest.
o By entering, entrants warrant that their Entries contain only images or footage from the Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar video game, and/or their own, Original Creations. Entrants further warrant their Entries do not contain any third party copyrighted materials, and otherwise do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party.
o Each entrant may enter the Contest one (1) time during the Contest Period, either via Twitter or Facebook. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
o Uploading an Entry constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Entry. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries, all of which will be void. Physical copies of Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
o By providing any Contest Assets for entrants’ use Sponsor is granting entrants a limited, non-exclusive, non-commercial license to use the Contest Assets solely in connection with, and as a part of, the Contest. Entrants shall otherwise have no right, title or interest in or to any Contest Assets except as otherwise granted by Sponsor, and any use of the Contest Assets (including use of the entrant’s Entry that contains Contest Assets) other than as permitted by these Official Rules may constitute copyright and/or trademark infringement.
o In the event of a dispute regarding any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
4. Personal Information: Nothing in these Official Rules shall be deemed to exclude or restrict any of the winner’s or the entrant’s statutory rights as a consumer.
(a) Organizing, running and monitoring the Contest and prize fulfillment,
including, if entrant wins a prize, publishing (i) their name on the Winner(s)
List and (ii) their name and country of residence online or in any other media
in connection with the Contest, as described further in Section 7 below); and
(b) Any additional processing activities to which entrant consents.
EA participates in the U.S.-Swiss Privacy Shield Framework for the collection, use, and retention of data from Switzerland. While EA relies on various mechanisms to effectuate cross-border transfers, we continue to adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
Residents of Austria, Germany, Poland: This personal information is collected and processed only for the
purposes of (a) organising, running and monitoring the campaign or (b) of
sending additional information provided an entrant selects to receive
additional information from Sponsor or its affiliates on the entry form. Entrants
acknowledges that personal information will not be stored or processed located
in the European Union. The Sponsor shall be considered the data
controller for the database containing this personal information and provides
for an appropriate data protection level by respecting the Safe-Harbour-Principles.
have the right to access, withdraw, and correct their personal data. Entrants
may request such action by sending a message with the request, subject line Battlefield
1 Battlefest Revolution Contest to email@example.com.
For Residents of France: Personal information provided to the Sponsor in the course of this Contest shall be processed according to the Legislation “Informatique et Libertés n°78-17” of January 6th, 1978.
a. Judging Phase: During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select 12 entrants with the highest-scoring Entries (the “Finalists”) based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): 33% Composition, 33% Quality and 33% Originality.
b. The Finalists’ entries will then be posted on the official Battlefield Facebook and Twitter pages at facebook.com/battlefield and twitter.com/battlefield by September 26, 2017 at 9:00 AM PT, for public voting through Facebook and Twitter’s “Like” functions based on the same criteria as above. Public voting will take place between September 26, 2017 at 9:00am PT and September 29, 2017 at 5:00pm PT. Anyone is free to cast their vote for any Finalist Entry during the Voting Period. Limit: Each person may vote one (1) time per day during the Voting Phase. Multiple votes received from any person or email address in excess of the stated number will be void. Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Subject to the Finalist’s compliance with these Official Rules, the Finalist whose entry receives the highest number of valid votes during the Voting Phase will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. The Finalist whose entry receives the second highest number of valid votes during the Voting Phase will be deemed the potential Second Place winner. The Finalist whose entry receives the third highest number of valid votes during the Voting Phase will be deemed the potential Third Place winner.
the event of a tie, the entrant whose Entry received the highest score for Originality,
as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed
the potential Grand Prize winner.
Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than 12 Finalists if, in its
sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and
6. Notification: The potential winners will be notified by Twitter Direct Message or Facebook Message on or about September 30, 2017. Except where prohibited, each potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability, which must be received by Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and/or return the Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability within the required time period, refuses the prize, is ineligible to win the prize, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules; all prizes claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or the prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner using the skill-based criteria set forth above from among all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternative winners will be selected, after which Sponsor retains the discretion to donate the applicable prize to a charity of Sponsor’s choosing.
Second Prize: Samsung 32” HDR monitor, with an ARV of USD 699/EUR 799/AUD 1,299.
Third Prize: Samsung 27” HDR monitor, with an ARV of USD 599/EUR 699/AUD 999.
Total Prize ARV is: USD 2797/EUR 2997/AUD 4797.
If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one prize per person. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and relative skill of entrants. Allow 4-6 weeks for shipment of prize(s).
8. General Terms:
participating in this Contest, each participant agrees:
(1) To the extent allowable under applicable law and, in Australia, subject to and without excluding, restricting or modifying any rights or remedies to which the participant may be entitled as a consumer under the consumer guarantee provisions of the Australian Consumer Law in relation to the operation of the Contest and any prize won,, to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage, right, claim or action of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any Contest-related activity or the receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize won, except for residents of the United Kingdom and France with respect to claims resulting from death or personal injury arising from EA’s negligence and for residents of the United Kingdom with respect to claims resulting from the tort of deceit or any other liabilities that may not be excluded by law;
For Residents of Austria, Germany, Poland: By participating in this Contest, each participant acknowledges: (1) In regard to the Prize and any other products or services given by Sponsor and its affiliates free of charge, the Sponsor shall only be liable for intent and gross negligence. (2) In all other cases, the Sponsor shall only be liable to cases of intent and gross negligence. In case of slight negligence, however, the Sponsor is only liable for the breach of essential contractual obligations, such as delay or impossibility of performance, which the Sponsor can be made responsible for. The liability in the event of breach of such an essential contractual obligation is limited to the typical contractual damage, whose occurrence could be expected by the Sponsor upon conclusion of the contract on account of the circumstances known at that time. “Essential contractual obligations” as previously stated are those obligations whose fulfillment is essential to enable the proper implementation of the contract and the achievement of its purpose and whose observation you as an end consumer may rely upon. The foregoing limitations of liability shall not apply in the case of explicit guarantees by the Sponsor, in case of malice and injuries to life, body or health as well as in the case of mandatory statutory regulations.
(2) That EA’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest;
(3) That by accepting a prize, EA may use your name and place of residence online or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to the winner or anyone else, except where prohibited; and
(4) The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
For Residents of Australia, the Contest is governed by the laws of the United States provided that the entrant will not be deprived of his or her statutory rights and legal protection as a consumer granted by the laws of Australia. Court of jurisdiction shall be entrant’s country of residence.
For Residents of Austria, Germany, Poland, notwithstanding, nothing in these Official Rules shall have the effect to deprive you of the consumer protection rights granted to you by the laws of your residence that cannot be derogated from by agreement.
b. EA reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Contest or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
c. Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes on prizes.
9. Winner(s) List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the end the Contest Period (listed above) and no later than December 1, 2017. If you send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before December 1, 2017 we will provide you with a list of confirmed winners.
This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints will be directed to Electronic Arts. Facebook is not associated with this promotion and by entering, you fully and completely release Facebook from any liability arising out of this promotion.
© 2017 Electronic Arts Inc.